Sunday, January 4, 2009

Adding contest list to this blog



There a quite a few aspiring artists/photographers out there. One way to get your work noticed both internationally and locally is through contests. The key to contests is finding the right contest for your work. Entering nudes in a mostly documentary contest will never get you first place or even considered. Look a the judges work, look at the past winners. this should give you a theme or a tone that the judges are looking for. Contests typically have an entrance fee, anywhere from nothing to a hundred dollars if you enter multiple images.

So I want to add an unbiased blog entry that just lists contests that I can update at will. It will be your responsibility to cull through the contest entries to see if there is an appropriate one that fits your style. Best of Luck to everyone in 2009.

Here are some images that I have been working on. Our shoot was based on Theda Bara "the Original Hollywood Vamp" My model and I recreated her calling card(also done by Marilyn Monroe)

A quote from Marilyn: " If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere."

No comments: